Optimization and content marketing increases rankings and search engine traffic to generate quality leads and brand awareness.
The Tailored Man has been working with a distinguished list of clientele since 1969. Founder Sunder Daswani and his brother, Kishore, have worked with thousands of clients spanning the United States and Canada for over four decades. While the business has taken them to numerous cities across the country, their omnipresence has always been strongest in the greater Washington DC, metropolitan area.
The Tailored Man wanted to place a focus on their digital marketing starting with rebuilding their website and increasing their organic search rankings in the DC area. The challenge was their store was not directly in the metro but very close by in two Virginia locations.
Initially, the team discussed two strategies. The main emphasis was placed on researching the most relevant, highly searched for keywords to use in the website copy. The secondary emphasis was the addition of two location pages – one for McLean and one for Alexandria – to the website. As time progressed, and Google’s algorithm changed, content marketing was added as an additional emphasis.
Rewriting the website copy using the relevant keyword search terms, as well as the addition of the location pages and onsite blog, began to increase both the website rankings and the amount of search engine traffic.
2014 Optimization Results
- Overall website traffic increased 178%.
- Search engine traffic increased 324%.
- 58% of the relevant keywords increased the website’s ranking.
- 52% of the relevant keywords place the website on the first two pages of Google search results.
- The website is the number one result for the search terms hong kong tailor Washington D.C. and tailored suits Washington D.C.
- The fourth highest visited place on the website is the blog which had 10,642 page views.
- Experienced their best organic traffic month ever in December 2014 due in large part to the success of the content “Holiday Shopping Guide” and “25 Men of Style to Follow” which were shared on social by several high profile accounts.
- The blog post “7 Ways to Never Wear a Tie Clip” ranks 2nd overall for “How to Wear a Tie Clip” and other variations of that search phrase. In December that blog post accounted for 30% of all organic traffic to the website.
- The blog series “Ask The Tailor” helped solidify a consistent branding message, and combined with other elements we’ve created it solidifies a more consistent message on social and email marketing.